Shipping & Handling Policy
Shipping & Returns
Clif Family Winery Shipping Policy
Currently we are only shipping within the United States.
We do our best to process and ship orders within 1-2 business days. Large or custom orders may take additional time. Please keep in mind that weather holds may be placed in your area and delay shipment. If you have any questions about your order, please contact Customer Support for assistance.
Clif Family Winery Return Policy
- If you are not satisfied with one of our Food Products at the time you receive it or if one of our products does not perform to your satisfaction, please contact Customer Support for a replacement or refund. Returns are accepted within 30 days of purchase.
Shipping charges are refundable only if:
- Products were shipped via FedEx Temperature Control or expedited shipping and were damaged in transit.
- We sent the wrong product.
- During extreme temperature conditions due to weather, we encourage you to select 2-day expedited shipping or FedEx Temperature Control to ensure the safe delivery of your wine. NOTE – FedEx Temperature Control can take up to 10 business days to process. If you have chosen FedEx Ground shipping we cannot guarantee the safe arrival of your wine or issue a refund if it arrives damaged due to extreme temperature conditions.
- Please contact us Customer Support to arrange for the return of corked wine. We can reship a new bottle to you at no extra cost or refund your credit card for the cost of the wine.
- We cannot legally re-route wine across state lines. If you need to re-route your order to a different address within the same state after it has shipped, please contact us Customer Support immediately so we can assist you. If we are unable to re-route your order and the gift needs to be re-shipped, there will be a $15 recall fee plus the cost of reshipment applied to your credit card.
Adult Signature Required
Wine may be sold and delivered only to individuals who are at least 21 years old. You may be required to show proof of age upon delivery.
Shipping Restrictions by State
Each state has different laws and restrictions of alcohol sales.
Currently we are unable to ship alcohol orders to Arkansas, Delaware, Rhode Island, Utah, Mississippi, and Kentucky. There are no restrictions by state for shipping food.
We are not able to ship wine to a P.O. Box.
Weather Holds & Warm Weather Shipping
Your order may be placed on a weather hold if the weather conditions at the departure or arrival location are not conducive to shipping wine. We will notify you via email if this occurs and will send a second email notification when your wine ships.
If you have ordered a heat sensitive product like wine or chocolate and your destination or any area it is traveling through is over 70 degrees it could arrive damaged. When appropriate, we package shipments with ice packs to keep the product cool. During extreme temperature conditions due to weather, we encourage you to select 2-day expedited shipping or FedEx Temperature Control or expedited shipping to ensure the safe delivery of your order. NOTE – FedEx Temperature Control can take up to 10 business days to process.
Clif Family Winery and its carriers will not be shipping or delivering on the following holidays:
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Thanksgiving Day – only Air packages will be delivered
Day after Thanksgiving – only Air packages will be delivered
New Year’s Eve
New Year’s Day
If you decide to reroute your order to a different address after it has shipped, there will be a $15.00 additional fee to cover carrier charges.
Corporate Gifts & Corporate Virtual Tastings
If you choose to re-route your gift to a different address after it has shipped, please contact us immediately so we can assist you. For gifts rerouted within the same state, there will be a $15.00 carrier reroute fee applied to your credit card. Shipments cannot be rerouted over state lines. If the gift needs to be shipped to a different state, there will be a $15 recall fee plus the cost of reshipment applied to your credit card.
If one of your gifts is returned to us, we will reach out to you for an updated address and to schedule a new shipment. Your card will be charged for the cost of reshipment. Gifts that have been shipped and then returned to us may have been damaged in transit. We will ship a new gift at no charge (excepting the cost of reshipment)
Corporate gifts that have been returned to us cannot be refunded as the product may have been damaged in transit and cannot be returned to inventory.
How long does it take for my order to process?
Depending on the size of your order and destination, it could take up to 2 business days to process. If there are weather holds, it may be delayed until the weather hold is lifted. Once your order is processed it will be shipped with your selected shipping method and you will receive an email notification with tracking information. Transit times vary based on shipping method.
Can the carrier leave the wine on my doorstep?
No, wine must be signed for by an individual at least 21 years old. A business address where someone will be present to sign during regular business hours is preferred.
What if I am not at home to receive the wine?
FedEx will attempt to deliver on 3 consecutive delivery days, and they will hold the package an additional 5 days before returning it to us. If you are not able to receive your wine order we suggest sending it directly to a FedEx Office or Walgreen’s location. They do not charge to hold your wine and they allow you 5 days to pick it up before it is returned to us.
What if I cannot receive wine at my business address?
We suggest sending it directly to a FedEx Office or Walgreen’s location. They do not charge to hold your wine and they allow you 5 days to pick it up before it is returned to us.
What if my wine is returned to Clif Family Winery?
If your order is returned to us, we will contact you to schedule a new shipment date. Wine that has been shipped and then returned to us may have experienced damage in transit. We will reship and your credit card will be charged for the cost of reshipment plus a $15 restock fee.
When will I receive my tracking number?
When your order leaves our warehouse and is scanned by the Carrier a tracking number will automatically be generated. You will receive an update via email with this tracking information.
If your order is shipped through FedEx Temperature Control, you will receive a tracking number when your order has reached the designated hub for your area, usually the night before the package will be delivered to you.