Think Like a Tree, Act Like a Forest
At Clif Family we’re guided by our values.
We call them our Five Aspirations – Sustaining Our People, Community, Planet, Brands and Business.
Click On Images To Learn More
Sustaining Our People
Create an environment where our employees can grow and succeed:
- Create a company culture that inspires and supports our people in and outside of work.
- Sustain our people with competitive pay and benefits, wellness o erings and other innovative benefits.
- Hire the right people to the right positions and support them to grow in their current and future roles.
Sustaining Our Business
Build a sustainable and resilient company:
- Live within our means, ensuring our company is viable and lasting.
- Be profitable, but not just exist for profit.
- Be dynamic and thought provoking, pushing ourselves to be leaders in our industry.
Sustaining Our Brands
Create brands with integrity, quality and authenticity:
- Connect with our consumers through authentic experiences and our shared values.
- Strive for relevancy, authenticity and innovation in everything that we do.
- Deliver excellence in wine, food and hospitality.
Sustaining Our Planet
Conserve and restore our natural resources, operating in harmony with nature:
- Support sustainable food and agriculture, with an emphasis on organic farming.
- Strive to reduce waste across our business.
- Conserve natural resources and protect the places we eat, farm and play.
- Lead by example with our customers, business partners and community partners.
Sustaining Our Community
Support the local communities where our employees live and work:
- Be a gathering point that fosters community connection.
- Work in partnership with local non-profit and community organizations.
- Support communities directly with volunteer time, cash and product donations.
“We’re working to run a different kind of company: The kind of place we’d want to work, that makes the kind of food we’d like to eat, and that strives for a healthier, more sustainable world – the kind of world we’d like to pass on to our children.”
Organic Food & Farming
Certifed Organic Farmland
Maintain 100% CCOF organic certification on all Clif Family vineyard and farm land with over 100 acres certified.
CERTIFIED ORGANIC FOOD PRODUCTS
Maintain CCOF organic certification on all eligible food products.
LOCALLY GROWN, ORGANIC PRODUCE
Supply our Food Truck and Tasting Room with organically grown produce from our Organic Howell Mountain Farm.
NAPA GREEN CERTIFICATION
One of the 1st five vineyards in Napa Valley certified under the new Napa Green Vineyard Certification.
USE 100% GREEN POWER
SOLAR GROWN™ HONEY
Expand Solar Grown product offerings to multiply benefits of clean energy and pollinator habitat.
ACHIEVE FSC CERTIFICATION ON ALL PAPER & FOREST PRODUCTS
REDUCE PACKAGING USED IN SHIPPING
Conserve & Restore Natural Resources
PLANT TREES, RESTORE FORESTS
Partner with American Forests to restore healthy forests in areas devastated by wildfires in California. Learn more about our partnership here.
Continue community service on company time and contribute over 1250 hours annually as a business. Support community events and local non-profits through our monthly Sip & Support program.
HELP EMPLOYEES CONNECT WITH THE OUTDOORS
DEDICATED TO SUSTAINABILITY
CLIF FAMILY SUSTAINABILITY PARTNERSHIPS & AWARDS
2020 GREEN COMPANY OF THE YEARThe prestigious California Green Medal recognizes the leadership of wineries and vineyards committed to sustainability. It is presented by the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance, California Association of Winegrape Growers, Wine Institute, Lodi Winegrape Commission, Napa Valley Vintners and Sonoma County Winegrowers Association. In 2020, Clif Family received the Community Award, given to the vineyard or winery that is a Good Neighbor & Employer using the most innovative practices that enhance relationships with employees, neighbors and communities.
Certified Organic – Clif Family’s 90 acres of Estate Vineyards and 5 acres of olive and fruit orchards and vegetable gardens are farmed and certified organic by California Certified Organic Farmers. Our Savory Nut Mixes, Dark Chocolates, Preserves, Hot Sauces and Olive Oil are also certified organic.
Clean Energy –MCE is a public, not-for-profit electricity provider that gives all PG&E electric customers the choice of having 60% to 100% of their electricity supplied from clean, renewable sources—such as solar, wind, bioenergy, geothermal, and hydroelectric—at competitive rates. As a Deep Green customer, 100% of Clif Family’s energy comes from renewable sources.